Tag: Minutes

20/20 Beer

SCC AGM Minutes – 28th January 2016


logoBelow are the minutes from our AGM held on 28th January 2016. A very interesting and effective meeting and one which was of course, all the less for the lack of Cobramovich, Tim Graham. From our very first AGM, Tim would be amongst us and gave our meetings a very great sense of meaning and purpose. We did our best, comrade!

SCC AGM NOTES 19:45 on 28th January 2016
The Union Club, Greek Street

Comrades, behold the notes of the AGM as held above. There are places where they are scant and trivial and other places where there is more information than necessary. They are therefore, full and accurate.

The agenda at present is:



  • A quorum was achieved and those present were:
  • Brandonovski, Chipmonkski, Dacha, Hudski, Ilyeva,Yankheroff and Yuri
  • All raised a toast to absent friends.




  • Ilyeva flopped his financial statements onto the table. They are attached.
  • Membership down due to loss of Marx-B and his sons.
  • Keeping ‘home’ games and paying for pitch hire is fine as we are still left with money in the bank at the end of the season.
  • If any member incurs an expense, such as paying for a tea, an invoice is to be presented to the treasurer as soon as possible and repayment made straight away. This to take effect from now on.
  • End of year charitable payment (50% of bank) to go now to two charities:
  • Parkinsons as already provided for.
  • The House of Saint Barnabas. Brandonovski is going to sort out contact and other details and also look into securing some possible future comrades.
  • The MCA cricket oppo want to split costs of Chiswick and we are happy to let them.
  • Membership fees to remain at £50
  • Match fee of £15 for home games scrapped.





  • What is happening about the Serious Cricket kick-back payments? Who was looking into this please?
  • Remain with Serious Cricket but push sales of kit more.
  • Everybody should have at least a shirt if playing.
  • Discussion on further attire. Blazer and tie. The former seen as unlikely at present and the latter more likely – worth investigating.


  • Brandonovski raised discussion held with Stocko of VCC in regards to two items:
  • Cobramovich Memorial match – Date suggested as 19th June 2016. A decent affair with family attraction, food marquee, play for all in some manner. A committee is being raised of four people, two from VCC and likewise from the SCC: Ilyeva and Brandonovski.
  • Memorial cap for Cobramovich. One sporting colours of both SCC and VCC. A VCC designer is creating a design and we were asked if this would be of interest.
  • Yuri was concerned that this would undermine the value of the SCC cap and that it may be a poaching attempt by the VCC. Brandonovski commented that this was a rather low suggestion of Yuri’s.
  • However, Yuri was very keen that at all SCC matches we should be wearing SCC caps, as indeed Cobra would have been, but accepted that for the memorial match, it may be a nice touch.
  • It was decided to see how the costing of such a cap would work out.





  • Our most capped Captain, comrade commissar Jontin was unavailable so we had a broad discussion on various points:
  • Should we appoint a permanent team captain?
  • Championed by Brandonovski, Dacha and Yankheroff:
  • Unified season long view of the team
  • Knowing where players are best
  • Jontin is by far the better captain and shouldn’t be sidelined
  • Opposed by Chipmonkski, Yuri and Ilyeva
  • Founding SCC principle is that all can play and try
  • We need to bring other captains on from our ranks
  • Yuri does not like what he hears from the VCCs use of the fixed captain
  • Deciding compromise was:
  • Create and offer the position of Captain Commissar to Jontin
  • Such commissar will be captain for no more than 50% of our fixtures – but these to be the toughest ones, where experience is vital.
  • Captain Commissar to allocate captains for remaining matches and vice if he is available for those.
  • The SCC-CC to also be responsible for captaincy training.
  • Chipmonkski reported on Lindfield CC match
  • Loved it but would prefer to not captain and also provide the tea for the same match as both jobs proved tricky!





  • This year, once again, all commissariat roles were up for nominations but none of the existing positions were challenged by anyone.
  • As Soldya Grandmaforra-fiver is off to the USA for a good chunk of the season, his commissariat role of Commissar Adjutant was nominated to Hodderoff and was accepted in his absence by Yuri. He had already approved.





  • Fixtures list is now on the blog – Chipmonkski, thank you!
  • Facebook needs to be updated too. Ilyeva used to do this but is now not on facebook. Yuri will do this.
  • Commonly agreed that Yankheroff has done a great job in the fixing the list.
  • LMS unlikely to be able to get a team. Dropped
  • No 20/20s as yet but possible if offered. ie: Taverners if we fancy being thrashed.
  • Hit or Miss CC – day match? Yes, why not?
  • Should we have a two match weekend with Stoke Row and another? Possible date being 2nd July?
  • Yes. FInd a suitable fixture working through them.
  • Accommodation available but we must know fast
  • Winter indoor nets at Lords or the Oval?
  • The notion of Oval indoor nets was considered as it is more economic. At which point, Yankheroff tried to phone them. It was 21:55. Nobody answered.
  • Nets should be regular so we know they are coming, every other week?
  • Winter nets are fine if casual.
  • Nets are tough on the bowlers. Can we join with another club for regular practice? MCA were mentioned.





  • New members event and season drinks to be combined into one do. Date to be arranged by Ilyeva and Yuri. Probably March.
  • The Umpiring Dilemma: Brandonovski had good points to raise:
  • With the terrible loss of Cobramovich and the reluctance to learn to score, leaving Yuri hard at it, we are down two umpires.
  • Should we bring in local umpires to help.
    Yes, but we have to look at the finances and also the availability which we know to be an issue.


  • We must force those who want to play to umpire and score. Training will be forced on them if necessary. No participation, no play.
  • Fielding practice
  • Brandonovski to initiate fielding practice routines and exercises.
  • Turning up late to games reduces our ability to do this and makes us drop catches and be far worse in the field.


    • AOB


  • Russian medals for awards – yes!
  • Clare Chipmonkski to source.
  • Are we getting Value for money from web hosting?
  • In the greater scheme of things, yes. They are a good British host and look after naming, hosting and tech issues fast. Yuri happy to consider other options.
  • Close of proceedings at 22:51




AGM Minutes – 15th November 2011

Minutes for AGM of


held on 15th November 2011

Those present at this meeting, being held at The Union Club, 50 Greek Street, London W1, consisting fully of:
Comrade Comissar Premier Philip Richardson – aka Yuri P
Comrade Comissar Treasurer Olivier Lauchenauer – aka Ilyeva Lunch-hour
Comrade Comissar Tim Graham – aka Cobramski
Comrade Rob Dixon – aka Robski
Comrade Dan March – aka Soldya

  1. The welcome was warmly received
  2. All took the opportunity to refresh their memories of the agenda.
  3. Matches and activities:
    NETS: Venues of Net training sessions were discussed and it was resolved to discontinue practices at Holland Park as they were dangerous. However to continue sessions at Lord’s, Regent’s Park, Paddington and investigate nets at The Oval.
    20/20s: These were very succesful. VCC will happily play more. There are indoor sessions that can be played in Lord’s and some other venues. We must contact Sam from the VCC who knows about these from the crouch end site? The short game rules that we used in Regent’s Park were very good and we should develop these some more.
    Matches: Little further comment was made on these games other than for future fixtures.
    Training: Further training at Lord’s Academy. One session in March and two in April.
    These split between batting and bowling.
    Tim-Cobra is going to plan to host a scoring practice session, probably at his, taking full advantage of Sky+
  4. Fixtures discussed for the 2012 season are:
    1. Quantel at Welford – again, end of Mid to end of July – considering Olympics.
    2. NFTS at Penn Street, Mid September
    3. VCC 24th June – Back in Brockley Green?
    4. Lindfield, Sussex: Part of a Sussex tour?
    5. Tombleson’s Sussex Team: Part of a Sussex tour.?
    6. The Exiles, East Brighton Park, Sussex.
    7. Ryde, Isle of Wight: VCC have secured 13th May. Could we combine in some way?
    8. Graucho Club?
    9. Actors Anonymous: Huds was previously playing with them.
    10. Soho House, Babbington
    11. Royal Marsden Charity Event, Surrey.
    12. Penn Street Cricket Club, Penn Street.
    13. Ibiza match: Arrange through Sam?
    14. Chamois Bois: Oli’s partner, Margit has contact.
    15. Headingly Old Boys: Cobra has contact
    16. Short Stops, Kent
    17. Dotties, Griffin Inn, FLetching
    18. The Wrestlers, Joe Smith in Highgate
    19. The Full Tossers, Isle of Wight.
    20. Keble College
    21. Barnstaple, Phil Stewart – Oli’s Pal
      1. For all Matches we should try to group into tours if possible or separate by time.
      2. OLYMPICS to avoid dates are typically, July27th to August 12th.
      3. Fixture Fixers are:
        1. Philip Richardson to arrange:
          1. Quantel, NFTS, VCC, Lindfield, Tombleson, Ryde, Royal Marsden, Penn Street,
        2. Olivier Lauchenauer to arrange:
          1. Graucho Club, Actors Anonymous, Soho House, Ibiza, Camois Bois, Barnstaple
        3. Cobra to contact and help liaise on:
          1. Headingly Old Boys, Short Stops, Dotties, The Wrestlers, Full Tossers.
        4. Dan March to arrange:
          1. Keble College
  5. Event ideas discussed were regarding some scoring practice and hosting this at Cobra’s. Need to find out who is touring where and when we can see the matches to score them.
    As for Christmas drinks, we were for them, but it may be new year.
  6. Membership:
    1. Numbers are at 33 although we only have 11 fully paid members, the rest are affiliates.
    2. We keep our ethos the same. Try to attract as many affiliate members as possible and bring them slowly into the fold as fully paid members as and when we can.
    3. Subscriptions: Full Membership fee to be £40:00 of which £20:00 to charity.
      Menhaj Huds wanted to know what the subs were for:
      1. Net subsidies.
      2. Training subsidies
      3. Savings towards Kit for future seasons.
      4. Web site development and hosting
      5. Charitable donation.
      6. Time spent organising.
      7. Telephone calls.
  7. Sponsorship:
    1. Principally a single large sponsor but names mentioned included:
      1. Azule finance
      2. Fineline
      3. Collyer Bristow
      4. Coutts
      5. Ronnie Scotts
      6. Nat West
      7. Co-op – our bank
      8. PR companies
    2. We believe we need circa £5K for…
    3. Whites, caps, Jumpers, Patches and can we become card carrying SCC’ers and have ID cards made up??
      A Company called Albion make up caps in Australia and in the UK there is Cllub Colours in Suffolk
  8. Commissar changes
    1. Commissars were not effective this year and so we have decided to change the role of commissars and their make-up. All existing commissars were offered the chance to attend and volunteer, few did.
      So new commissars are:
      1. Kit Commissar: ROB DIXON
      2. Membership Commissar: DAN MARCH
      3. Treasurer Commissar: OLIVIER LAUCHENAUER
      4. Cultural Commissar: TIM GRAHAM
      5. Captain Commissar: MARK BLACKLEDGE
      6. Commissar Commissar: TONY DICKIE
      7. Commissar Premier
        and Vice-Captain on field: PHILIP RICHARDSON
  9. The Treasurers report was shown and passed by those present. No comments were made nor interest given. Special note was made to improve this scrutiny for next year. A full printed report will be attached.
  10. The Premier’s report was simple: Gratitude was given to all players and members and a call for ideas put out to all members present. Some were given but had been already mentioned within the minutes.
  11. No AOB brought up.